Boating accident cases are complex legal matters. Depending on where the accident takes place, federal, state, and even international law may apply. Seeking a lawyer who is familiar with these laws can be pivotal when pursuing compensation for your injuries.
At The Reinartz Law Firm, we have experience with many types of personal injury cases, including boating accidents. We fight for our clients’ rights and aggressively seek compensation for all injuries. If you’ve been injured, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
We invite you to a free initial consultation to discuss the specifics of your case. We work on a strict contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing until we win your case.
How We Can Help
If our firm accepts your boating accident case, we will immediately assign resources to begin the claim process. This includes gathering evidence, determining available insurance benefits, negotiating with opposing counsel and other third parties, and understanding all aspects of your accident. We strive to keep clients informed about the process every step of the way.
Types of Boating Accidents
New Jersey’s landscape offers many opportunities for water sports, including rivers, lakes and the ocean. During the warmer months, many of the State’s waterways are packed with vessels, making accidents more likely. Sometimes, even the most cautious boaters can fall victim to the negligence of others.
Personal injury claims hinge on two main components. First, there must an injury that was caused by the negligence of another party. Second, there must be demonstrable damages. Similar to other motor vehicle accidents, boating accidents can happen in a variety of ways, the most common being:
- Traveling at excessive speed
- Boating in unsafe conditions caused by weather or other factors
- Failing to keep safety devices on-board
- Failure to observe the right of way
- Taking on too many passengers
- Reckless or careless operation
What Damages Can I Seek in a Boating Accident?
The types of damages sought in personal injury cases vary on a case-by-case basis but can include:
- Medical Bills – Any medical expenses you incur due to your injury can be paid, including bills for past and future medical treatment, emergency room costs, and therapies.
- Past and Future Lost Wages – A serious injury may cause you to miss work, and can even result in a permanent inability to work. If you’ve been the victim of negligence, you can see compensation for lost wages, and the future inability to earn wages.
- Pain and Suffering – Many accidents result in lasting noneconomic physical and emotional injuries, which are compensable.
Get The Help You Need Today
The Reinartz Law Firm has received numerous accolades from our peers and clients. We’re here to help you navigate this difficult time in your life. We will pursue justice and compensation for your injuries from the negligent parties.
Contact us today to get started.