New Jersey Civil and Business Litigation Lawyers
Civil law encompasses a variety of legal issues that may arise between individuals or organizations. Separate from criminal law, which imposes jail time and other similar penalties, civil law issues are resolved by monetary compensation alone. In these matters, a lawyer will have a direct impact on the outcome of a claim and how much compensation a plaintiff may be awarded, or that a defendant may pay. By accurately evaluating the relevant facts and law, and actively working to achieve a client’s specific goals with regard to the outcome of a claim, an experienced civil and business litigation lawyer can make all the difference.
The Reinartz Law Firm is dedicated to providing individual and business clients the highest quality legal representation in civil lawsuits throughout New Jersey and the five boroughs of New York City. The firm offers a variety of fee structures tailored to fit the specific type of case presented and handles cases with an eye towards eliminating wasteful and unnecessary costs to clients while ensuring clients’ best interests are represented at all times.
The Reinartz Law Firm offers aggressive representation and legal counsel to plaintiffs and defendants alike in a variety of civil litigation matters involving:
- Commercial and business litigation
- Contracts and commercial transactions
- Consumer protection
- Corporate, shareholder, and partnership disputes
- Director and officer liability
- Covenants not to compete
- Insurance coverage and claims litigation
- Collection matters
- Libel and slander
- Licensing disputes
- Property Damage
- Real estate litigation
Alternative Dispute Resolution
If the parties to a dispute cannot work together and reach a solution, we can negotiate the process of alternative dispute resolution. Many contracts require that you initially engage in mediation or arbitration instead of or before taking a matter to court. The most common forms of business litigation alternative dispute resolution are:
- Mediation – Mediation involves negotiating with all parties involved to meet with a neutral party. The mediator sits down with these parties and listens to arguments and reviews the entire situation. They then work to come to a mutually agreeable resolution. Should they all agree, they enter an agreement to follow the terms settled upon during mediation. It’s critical to have representation during mediation to ensure your rights and interests are protected.
- Arbitration – Arbitration involves all parties forfeiting their right to litigating in court, and relying on a more streamlined and less costly process to resolve disagreements. During the arbitration process, the parties in dispute appear before a single arbitrator or a panel of arbitrators. Each party presents their case similar to a courtroom process and relies on the arbitrator(s) to decide on a resolution. The decision made during this process may be legally binding or non-binding, depending on the parties’ choice. While the process may be similar between an arbitration process and a courtroom process, arbitration is typically faster and less costly. You should seek legal representation during this process to ensure your interests are protected.
Get Legal Help
Call today to discuss your case with an experienced civil and business litigation lawyer at The Reinartz Law Firm.