Surgical Errors And Medical Malpractice
If you or a loved one has encountered a health issue following a surgical procedure, you may be curious about your options.
Medical providers rarely admit to surgical errors. Legally, however, medical providers are bound to a certain standard of care and can be held liable in the event an injury is caused by a deviation from the accepted standard of care for their profession. It can be difficult, however, to know what to look for to prove a deviation occurred. This analysis usually involves the assistance of qualified medical experts who, along with the medical malpractice lawyer, review the case to determine whether a legal action exists.
At The Reinartz Law Firm, we aggressively pursue compensation for damages caused by medical malpractice. Surgical errors, in particular, are one of the types of medical malpractice claims that we handle. We invite you to contact us for a free consultation.
Types of Surgical Error
Surgery is inherently risky, and certain surgeries can result in injury or death where medical professionals do nothing wrong. However, when an injury occurs due to a medical professional’s deviation from the accepted standard of care, there may be grounds for a medical malpractice claim.
Some of the common types of surgical errors involving medical malpractice include:
- Failure to Diagnose – This can occur when a medical professional fails to identify a potentially dangerous condition during surgery.
- Operating on the Wrong Part of the Body – This is where a patient undergoes an operation on the wrong body part due to mistake or error.
- Anesthesia Errors – Mistakes involving anesthesia can have serious consequences during surgery, including death.
- Bodily Injury – Patients can suffer damage to healthy organs while a surgeon is attempting to address an unrelated issue in their body.
- Failure to Monitor – Problems that arise as the result of improper monitoring during the various stages of surgery, including post-operative care.
How We Can Help
With extensive medical malpractice experience, we understand the complexities involved in pursuing a malpractice claim.
- We will work to fully understand the unique circumstances of your case.
- We prepare every case we handle as though it will go to trial, which includes significant research and investigation.
- We regularly work with top medical experts who testify at trial on behalf of our clients.
- We negotiate and communicate with all parties involved, including opposing counsel, insurance companies health benefits providers and more.
- Our priority is our client. We will actively communicate with you through the entire process and make sure you understand every step.
Contact us today to speak with an attorney about your case.