Warehouse & Factory Worker Injuries
Work in a factory or warehouse setting can be dangerous business. People who work at these jobs often find themselves near and around large items, heavy machinery and other trades. When injuries happen, workers’ compensation insurance may be available to help employees recover lost wages and compensation for medical bills and other treatments.
Many types of injuries can arise in a factory or warehouse setting. The typical injuries reported include:
- Back and Spinal Injuries
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Muscle, Tendon and Ligament Injuries
- Repetitive Stress Injury
New Jersey requires all employers to carry Workers’ Compensation insurance and any employee who suffers a work-related injury is entitled to those benefits.
What Benefits Does Workers’ Compensation Provide?
Workers’ Compensation provides a range of benefits to injured workers including:
- Medical Benefits – Workers’ compensation provides medical treatment including ambulance emergency room costs, treatment with doctors, prescriptions and diagnostic tests. If your injury is not life-threatening, your employer reserves the right to choose a medical doctor.
- Lost Wages – Employees may qualify for temporary disability payments to compensate them for lost wages while they cannot work.
- Permanent Disability Benefits – Employees who sustain a partial or total disability from the work injuries may be entitled to permanent disability benefits.
- Death Benefits – If the event of a work-related death, death benefits may be available to the dependents of the deceased worker.
How a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help
The workers’ compensation process can be confusing without a lawyer. The steps you take early in the process are critical. You don’t want to jeopardize your benefits. The lawyers at The Reinartz Law Firm are well versed in New Jersey workers’ compensation law and procedure. We can help you understand your rights, file the proper paperwork at the right time, negotiate with the insurance company and help you get the compensation you deserve.